Obsidian is currently seeking security officers in the Los Angeles area. You will perform all duties in accordance with client policies and procedures, and all state & federal regulations. Other responsibilities include responding to emergency events, medical & non-medical issues, staffing deficiencies, and handling client requests in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships with clients, facilitate collaboration, and have the ability to influence informally across different departments within the team.
- Track and report on program performance assurance and compliance requirements within the provided guidelines.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot, while monitoring access.
- Watch for unusual activity and respond immediately and safely to emergency situations on-site.
- Contact the police or fire department if and when there is an emergency.
- Permit authorize persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits.
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft or company property.
- Prepare reports on accidents, incidents and suspicious activities.
- Provide assistance to employees and create a safe and friendly environment for visitors and clients in a professional manner.
- Attend project meetings upon request to assess the security implications of proposed changes.
- Work independently and adapt to various work-paces while always maintaining a high-level of attentiveness and energy.
- Must be eligible for employment within the United States.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age per state licensing guidelines.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screening.
- Must live within driving distance or be willing to relocate.
- Must have a current BSIS guard card.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Possess good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.